What can be recycled in Cranberry?
Recycling is important, but it can be complicated. What can and can’t go in your curbside cart? What about really large items? Place all recyclable materials in the Blue Top recycling cart. There is no need to separate different types of recyclable materials. Remember to empty and rinse all containers. The chart below summarizes what can and cannot be recycled.
- Our self-service Cardboard Compactor is located behind the Municipal Center for residential use.
- No Styrofoam or packing 'peanuts' (Reuse or take to a local retail shipping business or bag them and place these items in your GRAY-TOP trash cart).
- No garbage or trash.
- If the compactor is full, do not leave boxes outside.
- A camera monitors the compactor's use.
Recycle the Good Times!
Backyard bashes, graduation gatherings, championship celebrations, street fairs, holiday blowouts, block parties, reunion revelry... Recycle the cans, bottles and plastic containers from your next party.
Cranberry Township will lend - free of charge - a recycling rack with bags for recyclables and another rack for the party trash.
- There is no cost or deposit required, but you must present a driver’s license as proof of residency, at the time of pick-up.
- We suggest one set of recycling racks for every 50 people. A set consists of: (1) trash rack; (1) recycling rack; plus 2 bags for each rack.
- Pick up the recycling racks from the Customer Service Center.
- Racks must be returned within 3 days after your event to the Customer Service Center or, if returned after-hours, to the designated location (be rear automatic sliding doors at Municipal Center - please call 724-776-4806, ext. 5 and leave a message that the racks were returned).
- Trash (waste) disposal is your responsibility. Trash (waste) items should be placed in the black bags furnished with the racks. Each bag that does not fit into your trash bin will require an Extra-Bag-Collection Connection Tag, and may be placed curb-side on your regular collection day. Bag-tags may be purchased through Customer Service.
- Recycling items should be put into the clear ‘recycling’ bags furnished by the Township, and placed curb-side with your trash/recycling bins on your regular collection day.
- Township residents who are not Collection Connection customers are responsible for recycling and trash disposal.
- Print the request form Opens a New Window. and bring it to Customer Service.
Hard to Recycle Materials
Some items, while made of recyclable materials, are not accepted in your blue recycling cart. Items placed outside of the cart must be stickered and will be taken as trash. Please follow the sticker program for the following types of items:
- Wire Hangers Reuse or take back to a local dry cleaner.
- Plastic Hangers Reuse or donate. If broken, discard in your Gray Top trash cart.
- Plastic Bags If you are unable to reuse your plastic bags, the best way to recycle them is to take them to a local grocery store plastic bag recycling container. Plastic Bags cause damage to the recycling facility machines.
- Plastic bubble wrap and packing peanuts Reuse or take to a local retail shipping business.
Cranberry Collection events
Receive email notifications with Collection Connection
HHW, Televisions, other electronics, and chemicals
ECS&R by appointment
129 Ash Stop Road, Evans City, PA 16033
Learn more about household hazardous waste
Earth 911 - Search this extensive database by zip code or item.
Drugs (prescription and other) Safe, secure disposal bin located in the Township Police Department lobby.
Retire Your worn or faded "Old Glory"
The "Retire Old Glory" bin is located in the Municipal Center next to the Township Office entrance, beneath the Veteran's display case. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cranberry Township was the first municipality to welcome the new project. The bin was placed by the Board of Supervisors in April 2011. Flags should be retired in a dignified and respectful manner when they are no longer a fit for display and replaced with a new flag